What Are Affirmations?
If you’re not familiar with affirmations, an affirmation is simply anything you say or think towards yourself. A lot of times what we say or think about ourselves can actually be quite negative, and can eventually create a poor quality of life. This is especially true when it comes to comparison. Often times when we see someone else that is successful, good-looking, or simply just achieving in “life”, it can be very difficult not to compare our lives to theirs. With comparison naturally comes self-doubt, and when there is self-doubt there’s usually some negative thinking involved as well.
An amazing way to break the cycle of negative thinking and self-doubt is with affirmations. Affirmations are such an incredible tool for helping shift your mindset and perspective.
“It’s not what you say out of your mouth that determines your life, it’s what you whisper to yourself that has the most power.”
– Robert Kiyosaki
Benefits Of Affirmations
- Affirmations open the door to more positive thinking
- Shift your mindset
- Eliminate limiting beliefs
- Empower you to create a happy lifestyle
- Can have a significant impact on your overall quality of life
- Create lasting change
“Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.”
How To Use Positive Affirmations Daily
Practicing regular affirmations can allow us to become more aware of our thoughts as well as the way we think about ourselves. When we become more aware of ourselves and our thoughts, we are able to be more mindful of surrounding ourselves with positivity.
I like writing down positive words or phrases on a piece of paper and placing them somewhere I can visually see them often. Some of my favorite spots to place them are on a bedside table, bathroom mirror, the back of the door, or even a fridge. The more frequently your brain sees positive words or affirmations, the more likely your mind/or body will begin to believe them. So read these (or other) affirmations aloud to yourself daily! 😉
- “I am surrounded by love, all is well.”
- “As I forgive myself it becomes easier to forgive others.”
- “I choose to be happy.”
- “Abundance flows freely through me.”
- “I don’t sweat the small stuff.”
- “I am enough.”
- “I let go of all that no longer serves me.”
- “I am confident and worthy.”
- “I set goals and take action in achieving them.”
- “I focus on filling my body with nutrients.”
- “Loving others is easy when I love and accept myself.”
When we are conscious of our thoughts and attitudes towards ourselves, we can then easily make an effort to eliminate any negative thoughts. You have the power to change how you think. Change may not happen overnight, but if you make a consistent choice to think positively, over time you’ll definitely make positive changes in your life because of that.
And don’t forget to subscribe to get our FREE Ebook, here!