Lifestyle

Sep 5, 2017

BEST Self-Improvement Books for Women

Self-improvement books

Growing up my mum had stacks and stacks of books around the house. She had what seemed like every type of book on relationships, food, children, love, traveling, and recipes. I felt like we had our own little library at times, whatever you needed, we had!  Although I never really understood why she had so many, I mean they don’t exactly get used every day…

Only then, when I was going through a difficult season in my life did I come home to find a select few of books laid out on my bed with a note on why and how I should read them. Wheather I was going through a breakup, experiencing lower confidence or self-doubt, she always had some type of book that would encourage and inspire me in a specific area of my life. Not only did these books help me navigate through life’s challenges, but they also helped give me a new perspective on how to view any type of difficulties or troubles that may come my way. Today I can happily say that I am following in her footsteps and have already started my own collection of favorites 😉

Below are some of my favorite Self-Improvement Books that have truly helped me along my journey. Wheather you’re looking for relationship advice, health tips, self-improvement, or even spiritual guidance I hope that some of these will help inspire your journey!

Relationships

Health

Self-help

Spirituality

What are some of your favorite Self-Improvement Books? Let us know in the comments below!

1. Jameelah

September 12th, 2017 at 10:15 PM

Thanks for sharing! I definitely plan to add some of these to my reading list.

2. Attained Beauty

September 13th, 2017 at 12:55 AM

We’re happy to hear that, thank you!

3. Elly McGuinness

September 13th, 2017 at 12:52 AM

Thanks for the list. The 5 love languages is great; we often talk about it in our household! I haven’t read any of the others so will have to check them out😊

4. Attained Beauty

September 13th, 2017 at 12:58 AM

Always! We spoke of it often in our household growing up, as well! Such an eye opening read. Thank you, Elly!

5. Martha Stewart

September 14th, 2017 at 3:50 PM

I remember when my mother put the verse from Philippians 4:8 on my bed, ” whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable – if anything is excellent or praiseworthy – think about such things.” Yes, our mothers have been such a blessing in the things they have taught us.

6. Attained Beauty

September 14th, 2017 at 4:08 PM

They sure have! My mother left notes for my sister and I just like that around our home, as well. Love it!