Growing up my mum had stacks and stacks of books around the house. She had what seemed like every type of book on relationships, food, children, love, traveling, and recipes. I felt like we had our own little library at times, whatever you needed, we had! Although I never really understood why she had so many, I mean they don’t exactly get used every day…
Only then, when I was going through a difficult season in my life did I come home to find a select few of books laid out on my bed with a note on why and how I should read them. Wheather I was going through a breakup, experiencing lower confidence or self-doubt, she always had some type of book that would encourage and inspire me in a specific area of my life. Not only did these books help me navigate through life’s challenges, but they also helped give me a new perspective on how to view any type of difficulties or troubles that may come my way. Today I can happily say that I am following in her footsteps and have already started my own collection of favorites 😉
Below are some of my favorite Self-Improvement Books that have truly helped me along my journey. Wheather you’re looking for relationship advice, health tips, self-improvement, or even spiritual guidance I hope that some of these will help inspire your journey!
- The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love That Lasts. By Gary Chapman.
- He’s Just Not That Into You: The No Excuses-Truth to Understanding Guys. By Greg Behrendt.
- Boundaries in Dating: How Healthy Choices Grow Healthy Relationships. By Henry Cloud.
- 31 Creative Ways to Love & Encourage Him/Her (Couples workbook) By Jeff and Alyssa Bethke.
- Deal Breakers: When to Work On a Relationship and When to Walk Away. By Bethany Marshall
- What the Health. By Eunice Wong, Kip Anderson, and Keegan Kuhn.
- How Not to Die: Discover the Foods Scientifically Proven to Prevent and Reverse Disease. By Michael Greger
- Becoming Vegan. By Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina
- Integrative Nutrition: Feed Your Hunger for Health and Happiness. By Joshua Rosenthal
- Sugar Crush: How to Reduce Inflammation, Reverse Nerve Damage, and Reclaim Good Health. By Richard Jacoby
- The Gifts of Imperfection. By Brene Brown
- Treasure Yourself: Powerful Thoughts For My Generation. By Miranda Kerr
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom. By Don Miguel Rui
- Attained Beauty: How Self-Love Trumps Makeup. By Anna Marie Leith
- How’s Your Soul?: Why Everything That Matters Starts With the Inside You. By Judah Smith
- Live, Love, Lead: Your Best is Yet to Come! By Brian Houston
- Stay the Path: Navigating the Challenges and Wonder of Life, Love, and Leadership. By Bobbie Houston
- Battlefield of The Mind: Winning the Battle in Your Mind. By Joyce Meyer
- The Power of I am: Two Words That Will Change Your Life Today. By Joel Osteen
What are some of your favorite Self-Improvement Books? Let us know in the comments below!